The 2015 - 2016 Lab for Health IT Impact Team
The Lab for Health Information Technology Impact is an interdisciplinary research lab based at of the University of Michigan's School of Information. The Lab is directed by Julia Adler-Milstein, Ph.D. The overarching research focus is on policy and management issues in health IT adoption, use and impact.
Specific research domains include:
- Health IT Adoption, including an examination of progress towards national adoption of electronic health records and broad-based electronic health information exchange.
- Health IT Impact, and an attempt to isolate the causal relationship between health IT adoption, including electronic health information exchange, and impact on outcomes, focusing on the cost of care.
- Health IT & Performance Improvement, aiming to help discover the conditions under which electronic health record adoption improves provider performance.
- June 26th - 28th, 2016: Come visit us at the 2016 AcademyHealth Research Meeting! See a list of our presentations here.
- May 19th, 2016: Congratulations to Julia Adler-Milstein, PhD on her promotion to Associate Professor with tenure, effective September 2016.
- April 5th, 2016: Congratulations to doctoral candidate Dori Cross, who was awarded runner-up for "Best Paper Led by an Early Career Researcher" for her paper "Contextual Factors Influencing Success of Primary Care Teams" at the International Organisational Behaviour in Healthcare Conference in Cardiff, Wales. See Dori with her award here.